The Advanced Design Engineer position in the Subsea Wellhead Systems shall be responsible for the creation, review, and approval of Engineering documentation. Must have a clear understanding of industry codes and the application of these codes to new design developments and/or design documentation. Must be capable of directly working with customers and reviewing/understanding their specific requirements. Previous design experience with subsea wellhead equipment is required. Must have extensive knowledge of offshore operations, including drilling practices, familiarity with MODUs and drillships, and field problem support. The position reports to the Subsea Wellhead Systems Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the design and application of engineered offshore subsea wellhead equipment, preferable at an oilfield equipment manufacturing/service company.
- Experience with mudline suspension systems is preferred.
Key Position Requirements
- Shall be responsible for the creation of new equipment and improving existing product designs, inclusive of leading (qualification) prototype test efforts.
- Lead and participate in design review and technical presentations.
- Be able to consider offshore operations in component design and support the development of offshore running procedures.
- Be able to coordinate and clearly communicate with other company departments in a timely manner. Communications may include support to proposals teams, Sales technical support, certifying authority correspondence, manufacturing support, and coordination with Aftermarket/Service personnel in support of offshore operations.
- Shall be responsible for the review and disposition of non-conformance reports associated with the Subsea Wellhead Systems and Mudline Suspension Systems product lines.
- Shall be responsible for the processing of Engineering documentation such as: clarification/exceptions list from client technical documents, design calculations and verification packages for 13P review, design layouts/3D models, system stack-ups, the scope of supply drawings, and technical datasheets, etc.
- Good organizational and management skills required to meet deadlines for customer, Sales and offshore efforts.
- Be proficient in SolidWorks or similar 3D Packages.
- Be capable of leading a small focused team of engineers and designers on a project.
- Capable of working with industry-standard representatives to contribute to the review and revision of industry standards.
- Participate in development programs as necessary to assist with personal career development and involved in mentoring of younger, less experienced staff.
- Participate in product reliability activities, including DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis) studies
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com