The Senior Design Engineer – Electronics position in the Subsea Control Systems department shall be responsible for the design and qualification of electronic assemblies for subsea production control systems. Must have a clear understanding of applicable design standards and best engineering practices. Must be capable of working independently and under time pressure. Must have extensive knowledge of digital and analog electronic design and have proven experience in designing processor-based embedded devices. The position reports to the Subsea Control SystemsEngineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of10 years of experience in the design and qualification of electronic equipment
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer
- Experience in creating electronic design documentation including specifications, schematics, assembly drawings, test procedures and reports
- Extensive experience of designing serial communication interfaces: CANBUS, RS422/485, Ethernet, etc.
Key Position Requirements
- Shall be responsible for the design of new electronic equipment and improvements to existing product designs, inclusive of leading (qualification) prototype test efforts.
- Shall have extensive experience in processor-based electronic design.
- Be proficient with lab equipment (Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer, etc).
- Shall be experienced in troubleshooting and fault finding.
- Lead and participate in design review and technical presentations.
- Shall be able to consider offshore operations in equipment design.
- Be able to coordinate and clearly communicate with other company departments in a timely manner. Communications may include support to proposals teams, Sales technical support, certifying authority correspondence, manufacturing support, and coordination with Aftermarket/Service personnel in support of offshore operations.
- Shall be responsible for creating and processing of engineering documentation such as: electrical schematics, design specifications, I/O lists. PCB layouts, Test procedures, clarification/exceptions list from client technical documents, design calculations and verification packages for I3P review, design layouts/3D models, Bills of Material, the scope of supply drawings, and technical datasheets, etc.
- Good organizational and management skills required to meet deadlines for the customer, Sales, and offshore efforts
- Be proficient in Altium Designer, pSpice and MathCAD
- Be capable of leading a small focused team of engineers and designers on a project.
- Capable of working with industry-standard representatives to contribute to the review and revision of industry standards.
- Participate in development programs as necessary to assist with personal career development and involved in mentoring of younger, less experienced staff.
- Participate in product reliability activities, including DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis) studies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com