The Senior Design Engineer – Softwareposition in the Subsea Control Systemsdepartment shall be responsible for design and qualification of embedded software and firmware for electronic subassembliesused in subsea production control systems. Must have a clear understanding of applicable design standards and best engineering practices. Must be capable of working independently and under timepressure. Must have extensive knowledge and proven experience of embedded networking software design, documentation and testing. The position reports to the Subsea Control SystemsEngineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of10 years of experience in theembedded RTOS programming
- Experience in creating software design documentation including specifications, flowcharts, test procedures and reports
- Extensive experience with programming of serial communication interfaces: CANBUS, RS422/485, Modbus, Ethernet, etc.
- Extensive experience with implementation of networking protocols (TCP/IP stack).
Key Position Requirements
- Shall be responsible for writing and modifying software for new and existing control system equipment.
- Be proficient in C and C++ programming languages
- Familiarity with µC/OS (Micrium)
- Lead and participate in design review and technical presentations.
- Be able to consider offshore operations in component design and support the development of offshore running procedures.
- Be able to coordinate and clearly communicate with other company departments in a timely manner. Communications may include support to proposals teams, sales technical support, certifying authority correspondence, manufacturing support, and coordination with Aftermarket/Service personnel in support of offshore operations.
- Shall be responsible for the review and disposition of non-conformance reports associated with the Subsea Control Systemsproduct line.
- Shall be responsible for creating and processing of engineering documentation such as: design specifications, I/O lists. test procedures, clarification/exceptions list from client technical documents, design calculations, technical data sheets, etc.
- Good organizational and management skills required to meet deadlines for customer, Sales, and offshore efforts
- Be capable of leading a small focused team of engineers and designers on a project.
- Capable of working with industry standard representatives to contribute to the review and revision of industry standards.
- Participate in development programs as necessary to assist with personal career development and involved in mentoring of younger, less experienced staff.
- Participate in product reliability activities, including DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis) studies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com